Since May 31, violence and unrest have erupted in 67 of Turkey’s 81 provinces. What began as a peaceful demonstration against the planned demolition of Gezi Park quickly turned aggressive, leaving thousands injured and some dead. The government’s recent apology for its inappropriate behavior was not enough to subdue the riots, especially since the Prime Minister still plans to destroy the park.Read more...
Cheap labor in other countries around the world has negatively impacted the U.S economy and its manufacturing industries. In some countries, the cost of labor is very cheap, which lowers the cost of manufacturing goods. As a result of these lower costs of production, millions of manufacturing jobs have been driven out of the U.S. to nations overseas such as Bangladesh and Singapore.Read more...
There are over 300 million people in the United States. One person is born every eight seconds and one person dies every 12 seconds. But, to most people, that does not really mean much. Those are just numbers. Unless you know that one person who died 12 seconds ago when you started reading this, you don’t really care.Read more...
More Recent Posts
- Boy Scouts of America: Where's The Equality? Friday, 31 May 2013 16:14
- Chicago Public School Closures: Redefining Quality Education Friday, 31 May 2013 16:14
- Dear Politicians in Virginia: Enough is Enough! Friday, 31 May 2013 16:14
- Preschool Saves Our Kids Friday, 31 May 2013 16:14
- You Can't Put A Price On Education Friday, 31 May 2013 16:14
- Appreciating the Right to Blog Friday, 31 May 2013 16:14
- Another Child Left Behind...Again Friday, 31 May 2013 16:14
- My Experience with United States Student Association Friday, 31 May 2013 16:14
- Educational Programs Receive Inadequate Funding Friday, 31 May 2013 16:14
- Personal Response to the Documentary War Made Easy Friday, 31 May 2013 16:14